Electronics Engineer (Audio/Embedded)
LOCATION: Halesowen, West Midlands UK
JOB TITLE: Electronics Design Engineer
SALARY: Attractive – Negotiable depending on experience
BENEFITS: Work hours would be from 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday, with the possibility of some work away from home, very occasionally at weekends.
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with experience, 28 days holidays including statutory days and bank holidays.
The company: An internationally renowned musical instrument amplification and professional audio products manufacturer with global customer base and rich heritage.
The role: We are looking for a highly enthusiastic and knowledgeable electronics engineer with a keen interest in electronics, embedded C programming and audio to expand our existing design team. To fit in, you’ll need to be highly motivated and proactive with good communication skills and comfortable working in a small team at our UK HQ in Halesowen/West Midlands.
Working on primarily consumer based audio products, typical product areas are:
- Guitar and other musical instrument amplification.
- Public address & sound reinforcement.
Principal duties & responsibilities
- To design original Analog/Digital circuit ideas to fulfil design requirements. Deep understanding of electronics essential.
- To research and implement microcontroller designs into audio products (using embedded C)
- To build, evaluate and test prototype designs within our lab facility including fault finding to design level.
- To work closely with our existing small design team, and external teams and suppliers
- Relevant degree in electronics along with at least 3yrs experience in a similar role.
- Able to develop original electronic circuit designs, covering a wide range of digital and analogue technologies
- Solid understanding of Embedded Systems and Peripheral interfacing, you will be required to write and debug Embedded C code for various devices
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Work to required deadlines, be self-motivated, resourceful and organised
- Eligible to work in the UK, at our Halesowen HQ.
Useful additional skills:
- Interest in Guitar / MI amplification products
- USB/SPDIF/Ethernet communication
- Bluetooth/Wi-Fi Communication and audio/data streaming.
- LVD/EMC Compliance